Re: Question about the performance of gtk+ in neo1973 mobile phone
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: falls huang <falls huang gmail com>
- Cc: performance-list gnome org, mobile-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Question about the performance of gtk+ in neo1973 mobile phone
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 22:24:29 -0400
On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 11:27 +0800, falls huang wrote:
> Hello All !
> I received a neo1973 mobile phone last week, its Operation System
> is linux/openmoko , CPU: s3c2410 , arm920t, 266M HZ. But I found when
> I start an application, the speed is very slow than windows
> mobile/symbian. Has anyone tuned the performance of GTK+ in neo1973?
None that I've heard of. Some techniques like what maemo and olpc are
doing to avoid Gtk+ startup overhead may prove useful.
who is still waiting to be offered a neo1973 to experiement with text
rendering on it
> btw: openmoko is a free mobile phone operating system based on gtk
> +/linux ---> www.openmoko.org
> Falls Huang
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
] [Thread Prev