Re: Question about the performance of gtk+ in neo1973 mobile phone

On 5/21/07, Koen Kooi <koen dominion kabel utwente nl> wrote:
falls huang schreef:
> Hello All !
>
>     I received a neo1973 mobile phone last week, its Operation System is
> linux/openmoko , CPU: s3c2410 , arm920t, 266M HZ. But I found when I
> start an application, the speed is very slow than windows
> mobile/symbian. Has anyone tuned the performance of GTK+ in neo1973?
>
> btw: openmoko is a free mobile phone operating system based on
> gtk+/linux ---> www.openmoko.org <http://www.openmoko.org>

You can make it faster (but still slow) by using gtk 2.10.12 + a cairo with surface cache
and workqueue support (1.4.7). To make it useable you'll have to disable the pixmap-heavy
theme it uses.

I think you mean "pixbuf-heavy" theme, right (not pixmap)?

If slow pixbuf rendering were a problem, you may be interested in a
patch I submitted recently to xorg that speeded up pixbuf rendering on
R5G6B5 framebuffers by 3.4x :

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-April/024286.html

That speedup was measured on a N800, but the neo1973 should see
similar improvement.

Dan Amelang