Re: Login time

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 20:08 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
>     1) Your distro may start a bunch of things before gnome-session even
>        starts. In openSUSE, the list includes ssh-agent, gpg-agent,
>        dbus-daemon --session, various xmodmap and xrdb stuff, and more.

yeah, that's why it feels slower on suse than on other distros I've
tried, because g-s-d runs xrdb 3 times, to add that to the xrdb
execution before gnome-session even starts.

We are working on the xrdb performance problem in g-s-d for 2.20, so
that should speed things up a little bit more.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>