Re: [Fwd: Re: Gtk performance issues from a user's point of view]

> As much as one could blame X for that (not having a fast enough path for
> graphic data or a proper way to draw flicker-free widgets without
> holding a double buffer for each window), one can see the same effect on
> GTK on windows too.

GTK on Windows definitely doesn't even claim to be fast or optimal
redraw-wise. I'm quite sure there are simple changes that could be done
to improve its performance and flickeringness. Specific bug reports with
patches are very welcome.

--tml