Re: Gtk+ performance when a11y enabled

Hi Fernando,

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 19:06 +0200, Fernando Herrera wrote:
> The average slow-down is 42%.

	I imagine this is without an AT such as gnopernicus running -
right ? :-) [ I would expect it to get far worse then ].

>  Maybe we should try to optimize atk/gail for the worst cases:
> GtkEntry and GtkTreeView (I did a basic profiling with sysprof over
> muine and gail is taking lot of cpu counting non-visible/collapsed
> items)

	If you have a hot-spot to look at that'd be great, I can well believe
there are some silly things going on in there.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot