Re: Gtk+ performance when a11y enabled
- From: Michael Meeks <michael meeks novell com>
- To: Fernando Herrera <fherrera onirica com>
- Cc: performance-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Gtk+ performance when a11y enabled
- Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:02:58 +0000
On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 19:06 +0200, Fernando Herrera wrote:
> The average slow-down is 42%.
I imagine this is without an AT such as gnopernicus running -
right ? :-) [ I would expect it to get far worse then ].
> Maybe we should try to optimize atk/gail for the worst cases:
> GtkEntry and GtkTreeView (I did a basic profiling with sysprof over
> muine and gail is taking lot of cpu counting non-visible/collapsed
If you have a hot-spot to look at that'd be great, I can well believe
there are some silly things going on in there.
michael meeks novell com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev