Re: b-a-s .server files & cold start ...
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: michael meeks novell com
- Cc: performance-list <performance-list gnome org>, rodrigo novell com
- Subject: Re: b-a-s .server files & cold start ...
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:44:24 -0600
On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 09:51 +0000, michael meeks wrote:
> Anyhow - so we could trivially merge a load of these by just grouping
> together .server files:
> + Merge gnome-applets .server files - 18 -> 1
> + Merge Evolution .server files - 6 -> 2
> + Merge bonobo .server files - 4 -> 1
> + Merge VFS .server files: 2 -> 1
> + Net saving: 25 files (of 64) => 40% fewer files.
This is an interesting and simple option, although it wouldn't help much
for distros which already do preload/readahead.
One thing I'd like to know is how long it takes for
bonobo-activation-server to *parse* the .server files with a warm cache
--- that's effectively what we have with preload/readahead.
] [Thread Prev