Re: Floating point in pango

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:36:40 +0100, Matthew Allum wrote:

> Im just thinking things like cairo_glyph_extents() having alternate
> optional fixed point implementations like cairo_glyph_extents_fixed().
> (Obviously a cairo_text_extents_fixed_t would be needed too).
>
> Carl, what are your thoughts on this ?

I haven't looked closely at the issue yet.

But my general take on this is that we are not ready to put new API
into cairo for "performance reasons only" since we haven't
sufficiently tried to optimize the implementation of the existing API
yet.

Only if we exhaust our efforts doing that should we then consider
adding API like that.

-Carl