Re: Floating point in pango
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Jorn Baayen <jorn openedhand com>
- Cc: performance-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Floating point in pango
- Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:53:01 -0400
On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 08:46 -0400, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> Just FYI, GTK+ >= 2.8 uses pango-cairo to draw text, which apart from
> using cairo to draw also calculates the position of each glyph using
> floating point whereas this was done using fixed point previously.
True. That's because cairo's public API uses floating point. Do you
have any idea how Pango can do better here?
> Pango-cairo alone appears to be responsible for an approximately 30%
> slowdown when drawing text on ARM.
What do you exactly mean by 30% slowdown? How was that measured?
"Commandment Three says Do Not Kill, Amendment Two says Blood Will Spill"
-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"
] [Thread Prev