Re: Trivial patch reducing fp mults in pango-cairo

Hi,

ext Daniel Amelang wrote:
Right, but that was not compared to softfloat, was it?

No. And yes :). Before I got my 770, I tested my non-FP speedup code
on a x86 software stack I had compiled with softfloat from the bottom
up (yes, I made my own libfloat with softfloat compiled for x86 and
GCC compiler FP compiler symbols). So, yes, I saw equalivalent speed
gains (greater, even) when compiled for softfloat, but it was on x86,
so I really can't say that they behavior will be the same on ARM.
Either way, I don't think we can depend on the whole 770 stack going
to softfloat (the whole system has to go usually, due to libc, libm
needing to match), but only the Nokia guys know that.

With EABI supported by the Maemo toolchain, soft- and hard-float can be
mixed.  See:
	http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort

	- Eero