Re: Trivial patch reducing fp mults in pango-cairo
- From: "Daniel Amelang" <daniel amelang gmail com>
- To: "Behdad Esfahbod" <behdad behdad org>
- Cc: cairo <cairo cairographics org>, performance-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Trivial patch reducing fp mults in pango-cairo
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:58:16 -0800
On 12/13/06, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 16:14 -0800, Daniel Amelang wrote:
> Anyway, your patches does get rid of the __add for cx, which is nice,
> but you still have the __mul and the __float. The cy still has the
> __add, __mul and the __float, but you skip all of them if base_y is
> zero...is that often the case?
Yeah, more than 90% of the time, since glyphs are mostly positioned
horizontally. So the patch should at least cut the remaining floating
point ops in pangocairo into half.
Then what you've done is a great effort/result tradeoff! Sounds commit
worthy to me. We can revive this discussion some other day if/when
someone cares about getting rid of the remaining FP ops in pangocairo.
I sure don't.
] [Thread Prev