Re: Fixed point cairo.. or no cairo?

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 18:01:27 +0300, Jorn Baayen wrote:

> > Has this approach been evaluated at all yet? It seems you should be
> > able to re-purpose a bunch of the work you've been doing already to
> > apply to an approach like this.
>
> cairo_fixed_from_double() already accounts for 5% of the cairo
> profile :(

But that should be easy to get rid of---and we've had various patches
for that in the past.

I did say when I originally floated this plan that obviously we
wouldn't use the slow conversion code we have in place now.

I'm planning to put new fixed<->floating-point conversion code into
cairo this week.

-Carl