Re: Make'em suffer!

Hi!

> 	git clone git://people.freedesktop.org/~cworth/soc-gtk
>
> (no changes from your tree yet). So you and I should be able to
> fetch/pull from each other quite easily now.

Okay, thanks, that's great!

> 1) Eliminate the big spew of individual timings. Just report the
>    useful, summarized statistics.

Done, the whole lot of individual reports was useless, indeed.

> 2) Add per-widget timing summaries. Maybe that's there already---but
>    I didn't see any widget names being output, for example.

Done (added the widget type in the output), it's more convenient if you
want to just redirect the output into a report file.

> 3) A way to run the performance tests non-interactively. (Running all
>    would be fine with me, though maybe someone else would find it
>    useful to select a subset of the tests).

Okay, that would be useful indeed, adding it to my TODO list :)

> [*] As a footnote, it's perhaps worth mentioning that this sort of
> organization, (a single git repository with a hierarchy of
> "independent" sub-projects inside it), is not very "git friendly",
> because all git operations are fundamentally repository-wide.

You're perfectly right; actually I was given this single repository for
my project, and since I'm working on several small/middle size things, I
had to create a few subdirectories. I would certainly have done this
another way without the single tree constraint, and all the code will
probably move somewhere else after the summer to make things easier.

Thanks again for your comments!

Cheers,
Manu