Re: Suggestion: performance QA contact

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 07:58 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> > >
> > > How's that, anybody to set it up?
> >
> > I can do so if everyone agrees that it's a good idea (in general,
> > you'd just need to email bugmaster g o  to get stuff like this done).
> > One thing you have to worry about is random users start throwing the
> > alias onto the CC of all their bug reports in order to try to add
> > priority and more expert eyes to their bug even when it isn't
> > warranted (and often without checking for duplicates, etc., etc.).
> > AFAICT, this seems to be done a lot with usability-maint anyway...
>
> I'd say it's a good idea to do it for now.  It the list starts getting
> spammed a lot, we can simply change the alias.
>
> Elijah, the ball is on your court now ;)
>
> I did an all-modules query for bugs with the "perf" keyword:
>
> 	http://tinyurl.com/94pmd
>
> There's a lot of garbage here along the lines of "FooApp uses 100% CPU
> while doing something"; some of those are genuine performance bugs, and
> others are "just" infinite loops in buggy apps.  Does anyone have a
> little time to weed those out?

I took a look into it.  It's mostly Evo bugs that I don't feel
comfortable changing :).  Now that we have the alias, perf
keyword is not really needed for our purposes.

Humm, instead of mass changing anything to add this list as QA
contact, what about just adding it when someone from the list
sees a bug that he thinks can get some help from people here
*immediately*.  I mean, mostly for bugs that we are discussing,
or when you are submitting a patch that can be improved, etc..

behdad

> Thanks,
>
>   Federico
--behdad