Re: Suggestion: performance QA contact

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 07:58 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:

> > How's that, anybody to set it up?
>
> I can do so if everyone agrees that it's a good idea (in general,
> you'd just need to email bugmaster g o  to get stuff like this done).
> One thing you have to worry about is random users start throwing the
> alias onto the CC of all their bug reports in order to try to add
> priority and more expert eyes to their bug even when it isn't
> warranted (and often without checking for duplicates, etc., etc.).
> AFAICT, this seems to be done a lot with usability-maint anyway...

I'd say it's a good idea to do it for now.  It the list starts getting
spammed a lot, we can simply change the alias.

Elijah, the ball is on your court now ;)

I did an all-modules query for bugs with the "perf" keyword:

	http://tinyurl.com/94pmd

There's a lot of garbage here along the lines of "FooApp uses 100% CPU
while doing something"; some of those are genuine performance bugs, and
others are "just" infinite loops in buggy apps.  Does anyone have a
little time to weed those out?

Thanks,

  Federico