Re: Suggestion: performance QA contact

On 11/5/05, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To reduce duplication of sending notes/patches to bugzilla and
> the list, and making it easier to spot relevant bugs, I suggest
> we create a performance alias to be used as QA contact for
> performance-related bugs.  I further suggest to make this list
> that alias, such that all bugzilla activity relevant to
> performance gets QA of this list.
>
> How's that, anybody to set it up?

I can do so if everyone agrees that it's a good idea (in general,
you'd just need to email bugmaster g o  to get stuff like this done).
One thing you have to worry about is random users start throwing the
alias onto the CC of all their bug reports in order to try to add
priority and more expert eyes to their bug even when it isn't
warranted (and often without checking for duplicates, etc., etc.).
AFAICT, this seems to be done a lot with usability-maint anyway...

Personally, I'd kind of prefer the separate alias as I don't have
enough time to really contribute to this effort or follow in full
detail but am still interested in reading the basics of what's going
on.  However, it's not a strong preference so I'll go with what others
want.

Cheers,
Elijah