Re: Development Workflow

On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 10:55 AM Barrett Strausser
<bstrausser locusrobotics com> wrote:

I recognize this is not purely an OSTree concern, but I figured the group would have good insights. At the
moment I'm trying to use some combination of qemu/libguestfs to create a test bed, but I'm wondering what
else folks are using. I am trying to work through the contents of
https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/tree/main/tests to see what I can figure out as well.

I think a VM is pretty much a requirement since you'd otherwise miss
testing the boot integration, but I don't have any great suggestions
beyond what Jonathan wrote. However, one thing I will suggest is to
make sure you test upgrades of your system and not just new bootable
systems from the latest commit. Often you need to add in some
migration from an old state or configuration (or just an earlier
snafu) and ostree doesn't really help you there.