Re: Linux IMA

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022, at 12:17 PM, ip5kdesigns wrote:
I am looking at implementing Linux IMA on an embedded system and I see
that ostree, actually ostree-ext-cli, can sign the repo and I was
wondering if there is anything about this process that is tied to a
specific kernel version or range of versions.  I am using a slightly
older kernel, 4.14.xx, and I want to make sure that I don’t get caught
off-guard.

IMA has existed in the Linux kernel for a long time; I am not aware of any reason that kernel version
wouldn't work.  In my testing of the feature I didn't hit any integration issues.  But I think the only way
to find out is to test it.

One thing you might do is glance at the git commits to upstream:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/search?q=ima%3A&type=commits
There's a steady stream of those but nothing seems obviously showstopper.