Linux IMA

I am looking at implementing Linux IMA on an embedded system and I see that ostree, actually ostree-ext-cli, can sign the repo and I was wondering if there is anything about this process that is tied to a specific kernel version or range of versions.  I am using a slightly older kernel, 4.14.xx, and I want to make sure that I don’t get caught off-guard.

Additionally, I welcome general comments or questions about my consideration of this effort.

Thanks

Ken