Re: Proposing new ostreedev/ Rust repositories: ostree-ext and ostree-container

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 18:57, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021, at 6:06 PM, Felix Krull via ostree-list wrote:
Yeah, I am subscribed to the list, just didn't get around to
replying/putting my thoughts in order.

Just from an organisational perspective, I'm all for moving the Rust
bindings into the OSTree organisation (such as it is), whether as a
separate repo under github.com/ostreedev or as part of a future
monorepo. With official parts of OSTree being written in Rust and
using the Rust bindings -- as well as rpm-ostree -- I'm not keen on
being stuck in the middle of that with my essentially-personal
project.

(I am a bit curious what you're using it for btw)

Nothing at this point, actually. I was messing around with
OSTree-izing Debian-based things, but I didn't work on it for a while
and then mostly started using other distributions.

I can very much do without the pressure and expectations that
come from that. :)

OK, makes sense.  But do you have any sense of your availability?  Would you still be a reviewer for
changes?

Honestly, it's less actual availability and more not stressing myself
out by committing to things even when I would much rather do something
else. How about "yes" to the reviewer thing for now and we'll see how
it goes.

Hmm actually and we need to coordinate access to crate uploads.  Can you give me upload access to the
ostree crate?  I just invited you to the ostreedev GH organization, so I think what we should do is make a
new "crates" team that has uploads - actually, done.

Ok, I added you to both crates. (Team owners can't change owners
themselves, so having another full owner is probably a good idea.) I
tried adding the crates team, but crates.io didn't let me. I think the
permissions on the org might be insufficient, could you double-check?
https://doc.rust-lang.org/cargo/reference/publishing.html#github-permissions