Re: ostree - how to enable libcurl's continue/resume feature

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 7:34 PM Davis Roman via ostree-list
<ostree-list gnome org> wrote:
https://curl.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME.html
(It contains the time in number seconds that the transfer speed should be below the CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT
for the library to consider it too slow and abort.)

https://curl.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT.html
(It contains the average transfer speed in bytes per second that the transfer should be below during
CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME seconds for libcurl to consider it to be too slow and abort.)

Do you think this is a reasonable path to consider? If not, does anything else come to mind?

AFAIU from reading the libcurl docs, the default for these knobs is "disabled":
https://curl.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME.html
https://curl.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT.html

And libostree no longer sets those values (see
https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/pull/1349), so the defaults should
be active. (And I'm assuming you're using a libostree that has that
patch.)

Another approach that we're taking is trying to figure out why 'ostree pull' fails in the first place due
to our very sluggish data connection.

What's the exact error from libcurl that gets thrown? Depending on the
error, it may be reasonable to have a knob in libostree to catch that
and retry (resuming from what was downloaded so far).