Re: inspecting a static delta file to retrieve start and end commit

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019, at 4:41 PM, Davis Roman via ostree-list wrote:

I image that this information is already encoded in the delta file itself.

https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/pull/1823

Before this commit...the checksums are stored in binary format in the header so it's not going to be easy to
just use e.g. `strings` to get them unfortunately.

The delta format is in theory an implementation detail but for probably obvious reasons if we did change it
it'd have to be a compatible way.  The GVariant format is in the ostree source, and
https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree-releng-scripts/blob/master/ostree-detached-metadata is an example of
using GVariant from Python.

But hopefully that above PR does what you need.