inspecting a static delta file to retrieve start and end commit

Hello,

We're using ostree static deltas extensively and I've been recording the src and dst commit in the delta's filename.

However, I'm running into situations where people forget to specify the starting commit or even specify the wrong commit in the filename.

I image that this information is already encoded in the delta file itself.

Is there a way via the command line to retrieve the start and end commits or perhaps use something to dd to extract the bytes out of the file itself?

Thank you,

davis