Re: how to deal with ostree corruption

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 5:26 PM, Davis Roman <davis roman84 gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to learn how ostree deals with file corruption so I set up
scenario where a library in /usr/lib is modified/corrupted and now ostree
fsck is reporting a corrupted object.

I'd like to know if it's possible to checkout the original version from the
ostree repo and wipe any corrupted/modified files that are currently live.

Since the checkout is a hardlink to the repo object, the test you
showed below would not allow you to simply checkout the uncorrupted
object again. That's how "ostree fsck" knows there's a problem. :)

What you'd have to do is remove the object, pull it from the remote
again and check it out again. There's nothing (to my knowledge) in
ostree for managing this process since it pretty much requires manual
intervention.

--
Dan