storing overlayfs files in a different partition other than the main rootfs partition

Hello,

I'm working on an embedded device with ostree. Currently, I use 'ostree admin unlock --hotfix' in order to enable the overlayfs.

I notice that this overlay is stored in under /. These overlay folders are updated as modifications are made.

However, I'm implementation a scheme with dm-verity that would require a read-only filesystem.

So my question is the following;

Is it possible to specify an alternate location of where the store the overlay files other than under /  ?

Our system has an alternate data partition that I could potentially use.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Davis