Re: ostree multiarch support

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:14:58 PM CDT Colin Walters wrote:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016, at 10:28 AM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
yum and dnf use $basearch I would probably advoate for that.  just for
consistency. I would think we want the basearch there

Okay, I think I can turn this around in a max few days.
Is this supported now?

I was just going by what we have in pungi  but a use case could be as you
describe with --product being fedora, rhel, mageia and --variant could be
atomic-host, router, storage-server, dns-server, workstation, etc   the
idea being that we have something that provides the pieces of the ref
that ostree combines to make the ref. They could be in the json file and
not cli arguments.

Hmm.  My feeling is the use cases are sufficiently different to have
different treefiles.

I think comps would  be the better way to deal with it.

Okay, this will be tracked by
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/libhif/issues/107
I'll investigate it and have a better idea how hard it will
be after a few days.

how is this piece coming along?

Dennis