Moving and deleting branches

In the last version the gnome app "gitk" gained a dbus name
"org.gnome.gitk", where it previously had none. Of course, we had to
have one for the existing package, and unfortunately we had chosen
"org.gnome.Gitk", instead so we had to rename the app (ccing Ignacio
for the heads up). Of course, this means anyone who installed the old
one will stop getting updates.

I don't think this is necessary a problem at this point, but in the
long run we need a story to handle this kind of thing. In the package
work dependencies are used (Gitk is deprecated and then
obsoletes/provides dependencies are set on gitk). This happens commonly
enough that distros have methods to handle it. We need to handle this
in the ostree world too.

So, I was thinking we could add some form of branch tombstones. "The
branch for FOO ends here for reason BAR, optionally the new name and/or
repo uri is included, signed by key for FOO".

Walters, do you have any plans for this?

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's an otherworldly skateboarding shaman with a secret. She's a foxy
mute opera singer from out of town. They fight crime!