Re: privileged helper to pull ostree repos

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016, at 07:08 AM, Alexander Larsson wrote:
+
* We need to copy the remote config, because the remote configuration
is not inherited from the parent repo. It looks to me like the code
supported this once upon a time, but this has bit-rotted. Are you
interested in re-instating this?

Yeah, makes sense.

* There is some magic knowledge about the repo format when the summary
cache is copied to the summary file location. Kinda ugly, but works.

The GPG issues are interesting.  Are you thinking that adding a key would
be a privileged op too?

3) We have to create a temporary remote to pull in the final results
into the real repo. It would be nice if we could pull from the "real"
remote, but supply a custom url for that particular pull operation.
Then we didn't have to do that.

One thing I've been thinking about adding is support for "alternates"
like https://git-scm.com/docs/gitrepository-layout
I think this use case could fit into it?