Re: Golang bindings for ostree

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016, at 10:41 AM, Ryan wrote:
Hello,

I am working on fleshing out some of the Go bindings for ostree. I was
thinking that the bindings should be parallel to the cli commands.  So
there would be public functions for commit, checkout, init, etc.  Is
this a good direction to head in or do you have other ideas?

I think it makes sense yes, since the command line usually mirrors the C
API except for some cases like the refs.

Therefore removing these functions
wouldn't affect any other projects that may be using them.  With that
being said, I don't know if it's considered bad form to remove them even
if there isn't really a backwards compatibility issue here.  If they're
kept, they should definitely be moved to a sub-directory
(contrib/golang/ostree) to match their package name.  What are your
thoughts on all of this?

I'm totally fine with moving/renaming things.  The original project
I was using them for now lives in the atomic command's system
containers bits.

If it helps at all we can easily create a new repo in the `ostreedev/`
github namespace too.