Golang bindings for ostree

Hello,

I am working on fleshing out some of the Go bindings for ostree. I was thinking that the bindings should be parallel to the cli commands. So there would be public functions for commit, checkout, init, etc. Is this a good direction to head in or do you have other ideas?

Right now there are a few functions in the Go bindings but they don't really follow this model. If we proceed with this model, should those functions be kept? Right now, the only way to use the bindings is to copy and paste that code (or those files) into your own project. Because of the directory structure in contrib/golang and the way that packages work in go, one can't just use the code in go with "import" or "go get" (package name has to be the same as the current directory with the exception of a main package). Therefore removing these functions wouldn't affect any other projects that may be using them. With that being said, I don't know if it's considered bad form to remove them even if there isn't really a backwards compatibility issue here. If they're kept, they should definitely be moved to a sub-directory (contrib/golang/ostree) to match their package name. What are your thoughts on all of this?

Thanks,
Ryan