Re: libcurl vs libsoup

On fre, 2016-07-22 at 16:37 -0700, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:

From the Endless perspective, glib-networking proxy support doesn't
matter to me much, because we drive it through a system daemon which
can't read the user's proxy settings. libcurl, while its API feels a
bit more "80s C", it seems to be better maintained than libsoup, and
I trust its feature support more.

This isn't actually true for the apps, only the system stuff, because
flatpak does the download as the user (i.e. gnome-software does the
download). The system daemon only does the final verification.

However, I think using libcurl is probably overall a better idea for
flatpak too, as we will be able to use HTTP2, which should be a lot
better for pulling from ostree repos.

Is it possible to somehow override the proxy part of curl and plug in
the gnome proxy settings?

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's an obese coffee-fuelled jungle king on the edge. She's a
sharp-shooting mutant archaeologist with the power to bend men's minds.
They fight crime!