Re: signed summary file

On 05/04/2015 10:27 AM, Giuseppe Scrivano wrote:
I am working on having static-delta files listed into the summary, in
this way it will be possible to sign only the summary file instead of
each file separately:

https://github.com/GNOME/ostree/pull/98

As part of the review process, we got into the question whetever it is
better to have a separate summary.sig file, as my series does, or
instead include signatures in the summary file itself and by possibly
breaking backward compatibility.

I wanted to review the comments there but can't find them now.

Did you perhaps force-push a rebase? If so, can you scrounge up links to the relevant comments?

(GitHub not keeping rebase history on a PR is very annoying.)

I also don't have a strong opinion on the issue, but I'm still learning the summary code. I think my question still stands on whether summary extensions (currently unused) should be part of the signed content.

Matt