Re: Is delta between different branchs broken on Ostree or I am doing something wrong?

Yes, now you you said it, I am really using branches as tags, but I
hadn't realized that. I really would like to use Version metatag for
versioning my system, but I can't due the fact every build is built
independently, without knowledge from previous builds. That's why I
pull-local each of them to the main repository and then create the
deltas manually otherwise I would corrupt the repository if I used the
same branch (please correct me if I am wrong :-)).

Lokking externally, I'd say the delta creation between two revs from
different branches (I tested using both the branches names and their
rev-parse as arguments to --to= and --from= and the result were the
same) is working, so why add not something, on ostree pull, like:
$ ostree pull repo:my_new_branch_<or_revision>
--delta-from=my_current_branch_<or_revision>

And it would first check from a delta from
my_current_branch_<or_revision> to my_new_branch_<or_revision>,
falling back to the default behaviour otherwise.

As the delta does exist on the repo, I see no reason for not
downloading and applying it. But it's based on my own needs and I
probably is not useful for other use cases. But thank you for letting
me know the delta status and that it's been currently worked :-)