Re: Setting up /boot when it is not a separate partition

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Chris Murphy <lists colorremedies com> wrote:
Sounds similar to this bug. I haven't tested this in over a year so
I'm not sure what's changed if anything. But I really think it needs
to work with single volume installations. For the vast majority of
sane booting needs, separate /boot doesn't make much sense anymore and

As far as I know, the standard way to have an encrypted / filesystem
is to use a separate unencrypted /boot partition.   Whether that is a
"sane" booting need probably depends on what kind of environment you
expect to encounter.  I admit that I don't know if ostree is useable
with encrypted partitions but I'm not sure that making it harder to
get that working would be a good thing.

Bill Bogstad