Re: Is there any way to delete old commits?

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015, at 12:59 PM, Jonathan Dieter wrote:

That's great.  And the clients will only download files that have
changed, right?

Right.

I was actually planning to just use plain ostree and use yum
--installroot=foo because most of my configuration is via ansible and
rpm-ostree seems to have limited support for post-rpm configuration (the
bit about it running in a non-networked container seems to make using
ansible a bit difficult).

This sounds like
https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/pull/96

Is this a foolish plan?  Should I be doing what I can to make rpm-ostree
work?

I'd be very interested in your thoughts on the above PR.

Doing a pure yum --installroot will mostly work but will miss some
details like moving the rpmdb to /usr/share/rpm etc., that I would
like to maintain more centrally in the rpm-ostree codebase.

And thanks for putting this all together.  It was your talk at
DevConf.cz last year that inspired me to try to make this work.

Cool, thanks!  =)  Moving rpm-ostree more into a production
phase in the Fedora 22 timeframe is a major goal, so feedback and testing
is definitely appreciated!   See: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/RpmOstree