Is there any way to delete old commits?

I'm the system administrator for a school in Beirut that has over 100 seats running Fedora. Currently we're using kickstarts for initial install, ansible for configuration, and some fancy footwork with offline updates to make sure the systems get upgraded on shutdown. With all this, we have issues with systems getting restarted while updating and other strange things.

I'd really like to start using OSTree to make sure we're using consistent images and I've managed to get a perfect image set up, but I've run into a stumbling block. Our image runs at somewhere between 15GB - 20GB. If I push out an updated image once a week or so, there will come a point in the not so distant future where the history is ridiculously large.

Is there any way to trim the history on our tree so that we discard any commits beyond the last few? Is this even a reasonable thing to ask?

Thanks,
Jonathan