proper way to fix compilation errors during build phase

Hi,

what is the proper way to fix compilation bugs during build phase? for
instance, here are the following steps I did to fix one compilation
issue in hotssh,

1) cloned hotssh from src/git/git/git.gnome.org/hotssh
2) renamed vte_terminal_set_color_*_rgba() functions to
vte_terminal_set_color_*()
3) checkin and push the changes back to src/git/git/git.gnome.org/hotssh
4) modify the "revision" in snapshot.json to point to the master
revision
5) rerun 'ostbuild -n build'

Above steps fixes the issue and compilation moves on, but I think I
should not modify snapshot.json

Thanks,
Mohan R