Re: Extending ostree's functionality (adding a metadat index)

On Fri, 2013-08-30 at 15:13 +0100, Vivek Dasmohapatra wrote:

http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/vivek/ostree.git/commit/?h=commit-index-ii&id=22d201612260d2169b5e5e79f7aba82f19e4631f

So ostree_repo_read_commit() is throwing an error presumably
because we don't have the dirmeta/dirtree objects?  There are a few
style issues with this commit:

First, we're leaking the returned GFile object in the case where it
succeeds.  Second, it'd be easier to just pass NULL here, and not clear
the error.

But I'd like to consider representing the metadata-only state in
a little bit better way.  There's still a bit of leftover code in
OstreeRepo for handling the "remote-cache" directory.  This was used
before for caching pack index information locally, before I decided
pack files weren't worth it:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/ostree/commit/?id=2a0601efc790a0c8f783043f2db682eec9ceffaa

Maybe instead we could say just make an empty file
remote-cache/<remotename>/partial
wihch if it exists, means that we only did a partial
fetch?

This is kind of like a per-remote version of the existing
repo/transaction symlink, which ostree_repo_pull() already
uses to determine whether or not a pull process was interrupted.