Re: Fwd: wip/new-model review

On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 14:51 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:

I've pushed a reworked set of patches for this fixing most of the
other issues to wip/new-model.

So I cherry-picked more easy commits from the branch, and those are on
master now.

The first one I ran into trouble with was this:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-ostree/commit/?h=wip/new-model&id=7a7ce68c830a4b8839ea84e2b4f119dc5f5ac4a6

The problem is that I very frequently do these two operations:

$ cd ~/src/checkouts/glib
$ ln -s $(pwd) /src/build/ostbuild/work/overrides
$ cd ~/build
$ ostbuild make -x builddisks build

This is my edit-compile-debug workflow with gnome-ostree locally.  All
we do is "build", i.e. new binaries in the repo.  Then I switch to a
running VM which I've configured to point at a webserver on the host,
and do "ostree admin upgrade -r" there.

Here I don't want to update the cached disk images and run
smoketest/integrationtest; I'll just use a VM interactively.

$ ostbuild make -x zdisks resolve fetchAll=true

I run this command periodically on my laptop.  I fetch all the git
repos, do a build, update my local disk images and run
smoketest/integrationtest on them, just to be sure that all works
locally too.

However I exclude zdisks because it's really really slow, and not useful
for local builds.

I think this sort of flexibility makes sense for developers, and I'm not
sure how to keep it without retaining some sort of skip operation.