Re: Extending ostree's functionality (adding a metadat index)

On Fri, 2013-08-23 at 11:37 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

Concretely, now that libostree exists as a public shared library, I
don't think we should expose the sizelist existence/internals there to
potential consumers like PackageKit.

To follow up on this, I'd like to move farther in the direction of
having accessors for the GVariants where it makes sense, rather than
having the src/ostree tools parse them.  For a few reasons; at least
I'd like to bump the commit format at some point.

Stef added one here:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/ostree/commit/?id=5efb8e86e9d76e46aceb3a2043fe66a53a7821d8

But in your sizelist case I think we can just entirely hide the format
inside libostree.