qemu-kvm question

I'm attempting to boot OSTree using the QEMU method. It works on
Fedora using this command line:

qemu-kvm -vga vmware -cpu core2duo -M pc-0.15 -kernel
/boot/vmlinuz-$(uname -r) -initrd /boot/initramfs-ostree-$(uname
-r).img -hda ostree-qemu.img -m 1024M -vga vmware -append
'rd.plymouth=0 root=/dev/sda ostree=current ' -monitor stdio

I'd prefer to get it running on openSUSE so I can take it on my
laptop. It fails with this error (run as root with or without DISPLAY
set):

(qemu) Could not initialize SDL(No available video device) - exiting

Just wondering if anyone has this working with opnSUSE

Thanks,

Mike