Re: [orca-list] Configuring CardDAV in Mozilla Thunderbird 102

Hello,

I don't have experience with this particular button, but there
definitely are some stubbornn elements in TB.

Did you try inducing a click right away, instead of focusing with flat
review?

FR tends to be somewhat inconsistent on some places, but fortunately,
this inconsistency often influences just the reading.

Clicking works more often. If you invoke a click (Orca+7 on laptop
layout) right away without entering FR, the system focused element is
clicked.

Alternatively, if it doesn't work, another trick is to use Orca+K (in
the laptop layout) for focusing the current word. Interestingly, this
often tends to work even in cases when the general flat review either
doesn't work at all or is limited.

I checked it out and the button seems to work with the click on my side,
as far as I've understood correctly which button is discussed.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 27. 9. 2022 o 21:22 Jason White via orca-list napísal(a):
Dear Orca community,

I'm using Thunderbird 102.3, and I wish to add my CardDAV account
(hosted by Radicale on a server).

Searching the Web and reading various forum posts and bug reports hasn't
identified exactly how to access the dialogue in Thunderbird used to
enter details of a CardDAV account. A potentially promising solution
noted on the Web is the "new addressbook" button, described by Orca as a
"button menu". This control is in the Address Book (accessed quickly
with Ctrl-2 in Thunderbird).

Unfortunately, the button does nothing when I press space or enter with
focus on it, and it doesn't appear in flat review either. Nor have I
found a related Thunderbird bug report.

Comments are welcome.