[orca-list] Linux Mint Vanessa -- New Changes

Running latest version of Linux Mint Vanessa release, and trying to
get things sorted with all the various small changes that have been
made.  Wondering if someone can help me out.  Two things:

First, xed, the default text editor.  Now by default apparently it has
code completion turned on, so it keeps adding additional quotation
marks and parentheses on me, which is annoying since I can't see the
screne.  Unfortunately, the preferences menu simply isn't accessible.

I can navigate the preferences menu, but I can't read any of the
labels.  Any chance someone can tell me where in the preferences to go
to turn code completion off?  I was told Plugins tab last checkbox,
but that's not correct.

Second, Orca changed what's included in "some" and "most" puncuation.
I only like the "Some" setting, but want to include a couple extra
things such as tilda marks.  I'm assuming the punctuation_settings.py
file within Orca is what I'm lookinjg for?  Only beiefly took a look
at it.

Best,
Matt