Re: [orca-list] new orca list e-mail subscribers

File systems are never the only consideration once a power outage hits.
The other consideration is damage to equipment which will happen with
power spikes on the way to that power outage.  A U.P.S. may or may not be
a good investment depending on the contract you get with it.
An XT computer I had was online to a bbs when a trouble call hit my phone
number and computer.  It cost over $1,000 to get it repaired after that
incident.  When a trouble call happens on a landline, the phone company
sends 25 volts through the line and computers don't like that kind of
power coming to them over a modem line.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.