Re: [orca-list] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

While Joanie or anyone else who contributes to the codebase of Orca or
the rest of the accessibility stack being on board would be nice, I
fail to comprehend why them not being on board would render an
unofficial Orca mailing list pointless.

I mean, I'm pretty sure there's not a single Firefox dev either on the
soon to be defunct Orca list nor the Linux for Blind mailing list
hosted by RedHat, yet I'd sooner consult people on those lists if I
had a Firefox issue than any official support channel provided by
Mozilla if for no reason other than these lists wouldn't require me to
explain about being blind, relying on orca, etc. and people on these
lists possibly knowing something about Orca I don't know that could
work around an accessibility bug in Firefox sighted people think is a
feature or which is too invisible to the sighted to ever get fixed.
And that's just one example of where I'd probably ignore official
support channels in favor of third party ones.

And honestly, ever since I first got on the Internet back in the Win9x
days(Ubuntu was on the verge of its first LTS by the time I made Linux
my main OS), it was a rule of thumb bordering on a physical law that
Fansites and other unofficial sources would inevitably provide more,
better, and more current information than official outlets.