Re: [orca-list] Orca master under Ubuntu

Hello,

You shouldn't have to overwrite Ubuntu version, and I wouldn't recommend it: either remove it properly, or leave it alone.

This said, there was a fix today in orca to fix default installation next to another installation in standard paths, like the Ubuntu package. I'm not sure Ubuntu was affected by the issue that has been fixed (it is relevant for systems using automake 1.16.4 or newer), but that's worth a try.
To benefit from the fix, you'll need to re-run configure (or manually call config.status) after having update the gir repository.

Hope this helps,
Colomban