Re: [orca-list] Ocrdesktop in Ubuntu

Hi,

yes, it is possible.

Just do:

sudo apt install python3-pip -y
sudo apt install tesseract-ocr libwnck-3-0 -y
pip3 install --upgrade pillow
pip3 install pdf2image pytesseract scipy webcolors

git clone https://github.com/chrys87/ocrdesktop
cd ocrdesktop
sudo cp ocrdesktop /usr/local/bin

Then, set your shortcut to a command like this:

ocrdesktop -b -l eng

Where the -b will turn on a white/black mode, which tends to perform
really well, and the -l option specifies the used language.

If you want to use language different from eng, for example ces for
Czech, do:

sudo apt install tesseract-ocr-<lang>

where <lang> stands for the language code.

When setting the code in the ocrdesktop command, you can also use
multiple languages at once like this:

ocrdesktop -b -l eng+ces

For a combination of English and Czech, as an example.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 18. 10. 2022 o 7:55 Pavel Vlček via orca-list napísal(a):
Hi,

is it possible to install OcrDesktop to Ubuntu? I cloned the repo and
now, I want to install it to the default patch and create a shortcut for
running it. Can you help please?

Thanks,

Pavel