Re: [orca-list] Pitch changes

Unfortunately, removing the settings didn't fix it. the pitch changes still happen for me with the default Orca settings. At least now I know it may be an issue with this specific machine. guess I'll look into it more once I get tired of the random pitch changes.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 8:59 AM Jason White via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:

On 11/10/22 19:21, Nimer Jaber via orca-list wrote:
> Has anyone seen or found a solution to the increased pitch changes
> that seemingly happens when using web apps or are in focus mode? Pitch
> seems to reset to the lower rate when using Browse mode. This is with
> Chrome and Fedora using Orca from master. I have synth set to
> ESpeak-NG, language set to En-US. I have tried adjusting settings for
> formatting, capital pitch change, etc., but still seeing this?

I'm using Espeak-Ng here and I'm not experiencing the issue.

Perhaps it's version-specific?

You could also try temporarily removing the Orca settings in
~/.local/share/orca, and attempting to reproduce the problem, changing
one speech setting at a time (assuming the pitch changes don't occur by
default).