Re: [orca-list] Pitch changes

On 11/10/22 19:21, Nimer Jaber via orca-list wrote:
Has anyone seen or found a solution to the increased pitch changes that seemingly happens when using web apps or are in focus mode? Pitch seems to reset to the lower rate when using Browse mode. This is with Chrome and Fedora using Orca from master. I have synth set to ESpeak-NG, language set to En-US. I have tried adjusting settings for formatting, capital pitch change, etc., but still seeing this?

I'm using Espeak-Ng here and I'm not experiencing the issue.

Perhaps it's version-specific?

You could also try temporarily removing the Orca settings in ~/.local/share/orca, and attempting to reproduce the problem, changing one speech setting at a time (assuming the pitch changes don't occur by default).