Re: [orca-list] Remote Connections

On 8/10/22 13:59, K0LNY_Glenn wrote:
I wonder if Orca or simply Linux, has something like NVDA's Remote Add-in.
I'm sure Orca doesn't have it, but maybe that is because Linux may have a
method of doing that.

I haven't used the NVDA add-on, so I'm not sure what it does exactly.

However, Linux has had various forms of remote access for a very long time.

Secure Shell (ssh) will give you a shell prompt on a remote system. Details can readily be found on the Web.

For graphical desktop access, there are various protocols, the latest being support for RDP under GNOME and Wayland.

Using desktop access over a network successfully with Orca is likely to be challenging. However, as so much can be accomplished from a Linux shell prompt,I would suggest starting with ssh.