Re: [orca-list] Problems with eSpeakup in Arch

Hello,
I am suspecting you have used
sudo systemctl start espeakup
to start it rather than systemd start espeakup as you have written in your message. If yes, it's okay, if not try it this way please.
Otherwise can you login to the installed system blindly or with a sighted assistance and verify audio is playing for you?
Either try running espeak directly such as
espeak "hello world"
or try running
speaker-test
from alsa-utils package.
Speaker-test should generate white noyse. You can exit it by pressing ctrl+c.
Also it might be possible your audio is muted. If you have single sound card only, you can unmute it with
amixer set Master playback 100% unmute

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 30. 5. 2022 o 10:18 Eric via orca-list napísal(a):
Hi,

hope I can ask that here since my question isn't about ORCA, but about
accessibility in shell.

I don't know howto get eSpeakup in ARCH to speak. I tried the following:

- enable service: sudo systemd enable espeakup

installed alsa-utils since i didn't during ARCH installation

- copied asound.conf from live-system to my arch disks /etc folder.

Anyone here who can help me?

Thanks in advance

Eric